- 1 cup of buckwheat (not a wheat, it is a fruit seed and gluten free, high in fibre and protein)
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to no more than 50 degrees Celsius
- Put the buckwheat, nuts and seeds into a large glass dish.
- Pour filtered water over the mix, just enough to cover. Leave to soak for at least an hour, longer if you can. (soaking improves digestion of the nuts and seeds)
- Drain the nuts and seeds and pour back into the dish. Mix with the ground ginger, cinnamon and melted coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- Place on a lined baking tray and put in the middle of the oven. Bake for at least 3 hours or until golden brown.
- Allow the mix to cool, before storing in an airtight glass container.
Serve with fresh or frozen berries and your choice of quality yoghurt (we love coconut yoghurt!)