Serves 3-4 people
600 grams chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1 cup quinoa
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped into cubes
1 small cos lettuce, leaves removed
2 avocados, halved, pip removed and sliced horizontal into strips.
1/3 cucumber, cut into small cubes
Juice of lime or lemons
- Place the quinoa along with 2 1/2 cups of water into a pot and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add a dash of oil and simmer the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, paprika, cumin, chili powder and oregano.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take off the stove and add to the bowl of quinoa, mix well.
- Place a large spoonful of the chicken and quinoa mixture into each lettuce cup. Sprinkle cucumber and tomato over along with the avocado.
- Drizzle with lime or lemon juice and garnish with cracked pepper.